No. 1 Oregon and No. 2 Auburn, and No. 4 TCU all have the week off in preparation for Thanksgiving weekend games, but we still have a full slate of college football action today. NCAA Top 25 scores of note today, Saturday, Nov. 20, include No. 6 Wisconsin beating Michigan 48-28, No. 11 Michigan State edging Purdue 35-31, No. 5 LSU beating Mississippi 43-36, No. 8 Ohio State hanging on against No. 21 Iowa, and No. 7 Stanford beating up on Cal 48-14 in the Big Game. Boise State blew out Fresno State 51-0 on Friday night to remain undefeated and lay their claim to one of the top BCS bowls
Gotta give props to Mikel Leshoure, whose 330-yard, 33 carry, two TD day for the Illini in their win over Northwestern set a new team record.
NCAA Top 25 College Football Scores
Saturday, Nov. 20
(11) Michigan St 35 – The Spartans hang on to beat the Boilermakers.
(6) Wisconsin 48
(12) Okla St 48
Kansas 14 – The high-octane Cowboys overwhelm the Jayhawks.
(17) S Carolina 69 – The Gamecocks destroy defenseless Troy.
(7) Stanford 48
California 14 – The Cardinal crush the Bears in the Big Game.
(14) VA Tech 31
(24) Miami (FL) 17 – The Hokies come on in the second half to beat the Hurricanes.
(8) Ohio St 20
(21) Iowa 17
(5) LSU 43 – The Tigers keep their national championship hopes alive with a tough win over Ole Miss.
New Mex St 6
(19) Nevada 52 – The Wolfpack win big against weak sister New Mexico State.
(15) Missouri 14
Iowa St 0 – The Tigers shut out the Cyclones in a defensive affair.
(13) Arkansas 38
(22) Miss St 31 – The Razorbacks outscore Mississippi State for the win on the road.
(16) Oklahoma 53 – The Sooners manhandle the Bears in Waco
(9) Nebraska 6
(18) Texas A&M 9 – The Aggies upset the Cornhuskers in College Station
(20) USC 7
Oregon St 36 – The Beavers upend the Trojans in one of the few upsets of the day.
(25) Utah 38
San Diego St 34 – The Utes finally get back on the winning track after losing two in a row.
Thursday, Nov. 18
Georgia St 7
(10) Alabama 63 – The Crimson Tide flexed their offensive muscles in blowing out Georgia State.
Friday, Nov. 19
Fresno St 0
(3) Boise St 51 – The Broncos shut out Fresno State to remain undefeated in their quest for a BCS bowl
College Football Notes for the Week of Nov. 20
The BCS picture remains murky but after today we can start to make some educated guesses and set up some if-then scenarios before we see how thing fall unto place after next week’s college football rivalry game weekend.
The player of the day is Mikel Leshoure, whose amazing 330-yard effort on 33 carries, including two TDs, set a new Illinois team record for rushing yards. The Illini had a mindboggling 519 yards on the ground in the game played on a one-sided gridiron for the first football game ever played at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
The Wisconsin Badgers went wild on the ground against Michigan, with Montee Ball and James White combining for 354 yards rushing and six TDs in a dominating performance on the road. Running back Marcus Lattimore of South Carolina had 102 yards and three touchdowns by halftime and he did not play in the second half as the Gamecocks cruised. Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden passed for 389 yards and three touchdowns as the Cowboys cruised by the Jayhawks. LSU QB Jordan Jefferson threw for a career-high 254 yards and one TD and ran for another touchdown.
For more on college football and sports in general see:
College Football Scores for the Week of Nov 13
UFC 123 – Rampage Beats Machido & Penn TKOs Hughes