Boise St and Virginia Tech started the college football week off right on Monday night with a thrilling back and forth game in which the Broncos scored a touchdown with just 1:14 left in the game and held on for a 33-30 win over the Hokies.
See below for a full wrap up of the second week of college football action, including complete Top 20 scores, summaries, and a brief analysis of all of the week’s action.
NCAA Football Scores for Thursday, Sept. 9
Central Michigan 10 OT
(21) Auburn 17
Miss. St. 14 – Auburn gets a much-needed win.
NCAA Football Scores for Friday, Sept. 10
(23) West Virginia 24 OT
Marshall 21 – WVU needed OT to squeak by the Thundering Herd.
NCAA Football Scores for Saturday, Sept. 11
San Jose St 14
(11) Wisconsin 27 – The Badgers beat the Spartans but do not look sharp.
(15) GA Tech 25
Kansas 28 – The motivated Jayhawks hold on to upset the Yellow Jackets.
(22) Georgia 6
(24) S Carolina 17 – The Bulldogs offense sputters as the Gamecocks pick up the win.
S Florida 14
(8) Florida 38 – The Gators manhandle their southern in-state rival.
(6) Nebraska 38 – The Cornhuskers looked dominant in defeating the Vandals.
James Mad 21
(13) VA Tech 16 – Huge upset as James Madison hands Virgina Tech its second loss of the season.
(17) Florida St 10
(10) Oklahoma 47 – The Sooners crush the Seminoles in Norman.
(12) Miami (FL) 24
(2) Ohio St 36 – OSU looked strong in their second game at home.
Iowa St 7
(9) Iowa 35 – Iowa wins bragging rights for the state for the third year in a row.
(20) Utah 38 – The Utes dispatch the Running Rebels with no problems.
Tenn Tech 7
(4) TCU 62 – The Horned Frogs demolish their overmanned opponent.
(5) Texas 34 – The Longhorns looked stronger as the game progressed.
(19) LSU 27
Vanderbilt 3 – LSU’s defense was impenetrable.
(7) Oregon 48
Tennessee 13 – The Ducks opened it up in the second half, scoring 45 consecutive points after being down 13-3.
LA Monroe 7
(14) Arkansas 31 – Arkansas eased up in the second half and still won easily.
(18) Penn St 3
(1) Alabama 24 – Spectacular defensive performance by the defending national champs.
(16) USC 17 – The Trojans looked a little sluggish at home but they got the win and are contenders again.
Another great week of college football is in the books, and the strong teams in the power conferences continue to look impressive. Alabama’s complete domination of a pretty darn good Penn State team has got head coaches and ADs across the country sweating bullets as the Crimson Tide looked unstoppable. And James Madison gets full credit in pulling off the upset of the season so far against VA Tech – a win which is not only the biggest ever in the Dukes’ program, but only the second time that a ranked Div 1-A team lost to a Div I-AA team in NCAA history (other time was Appalachian State beating No. 5 Michigan in 2007).
For more on college football see:
College Football Scores – Week 1