I love how a great color shines brilliantly no matter what lighting you happen to be standing in. Are you constantly hiding behind your baseball cap because your hair is drab, lifeless, and boring? Then maybe it’s that time to talk color with your Hairstylist! I think everyone should experience the joys of coloring their hair. I don’t think there are limits to how much color-is too much; okay, perhaps it is when you have used store bought products way too much and are left wondering, “What color IS my natural hair color anyway?” Even then, there comes a time in your life when you need that pick-me-up, or do-over. It is this moment that (ah-ha) when you decide to change the shade of your hair color. Stop pondering and get coloring! Here are 5 reasons why you should.
1) Natural hair with a twist: Hair color gives brilliance to otherwise lifeless, dull hair. If you love the color of your hair and you just want your hair to glisten like a disco ball, discuss with your stylists a gloss, glaze, or clear coating like a henna (ask your stylist) which will give you incredible shine, and conditioning, and all without changing your hairs natural pigment.
2) “Feeling sassafras? ” How about trying a firey rue in a semi-permanent, demi-permanent, or permanent hair color. Professional colors are often built in with a gloss of some kind (lucky for us!) Channel your inner Ginger, or go, Siren Red.” Want to be over dramatic? Then weave in some chunky auburn streaks. Cocoa Channel? How about spicing it up with a cinnamon and mocha over lay to warm up those cold winter nights? “What could be better than that? Nothing, I say!”
3) “Go Blond Baby!” I’m not just talking tiny streaks of flaxen, I am talking Marilyn Monroe platinum, foxy silver, and I dream of Genie golden goddess. Dare to turn heads wherever you roam? Take you’re already existing blond and go brighter and bolder. If you happen to be a red head or brunette, make a blond statement and thicken up those highlights. There is nothing better than multi-dimensional vanilla on dark chocolate strands of bliss. “Try it out for yourself if you don’t believe me.”
4) Damaged hair, “boo-hoo, I feel for you!” But, don’t cry about it. Take those beaten up tresses to a darker level. Dark hair reflects light better, shines in all the right places, and hides breakage. Smooth and rich, dark locks minimize all the imperfections of abused tresses. Would you like to emphasize a pixie haircut even better? How about an over flowing mane of sumptuous curls? Kick them up a notch with a Raven or burgundy tone. Don’t be shy. If your natural hair color lacks vibrancy and joie de vivre, show it the tender loving care it deserves by deepening its over all tonal value. Then, add a great haircut to give even more vitality.
5) Remember kids: “when in doubt, always consult your hair care professional!” I would never suggest coloring your hair yourself, “no never!” Reason being, you want to look fantastic right?!? Let the professionals handle your hair care needs. It’s what they do best- and you can do what you do best while you wait: relax, have a glass of wine or a warm cup of java, nosh on some tempting treats, all the while enjoying the day’s gossip!