No. 1 Alabama was knocked off in a major upset in NCAA football today, leaving the door open for No. 2 Ohio State to take the top position in the polls. No. 9 Arizona was also knocked off by unranked Oregon State. It was a busy day in college football beyond the top contenders and complete Top 25 NCAA football results are presented below.
Top 25 College Football Scores (including Thursday and Friday games)
Saturday, Oct 9
(20) Wisconsin 41 – The Badgers blow out the Gophers to win Paul Bunyan’s Axe for the 7th straight year.
(2) Ohio St 38 – Ohio’s State’s convincing win over the Hoosiers sets them up for No, 1 next week.
Colorado St 27
(25) Air Force 49 – The Falcons poured it on to bury the Rams.
(5) TCU 45 – The Horned Frogs shut out Wyoming to keep their unbeaten streak alive.
(17) Michigan St 34
(18) Michigan 17 – The surging Spartans beat the Wolverines and win state bragging rights for the year.
(11) Arkansas 24
Texas A&M 17 – The Razorbacks held on to beat the Aggies.
(1) Alabama 21
(19) S Carolina 35 – The major upset of the day as No. 1 Alabama is ripped by the Gamecocks.
(3) Oregon 43
Wash St 23 – The Ducks take care of business against the Cougars.
Oregon St 29
(9) Arizona 27 – Another upset as the Wildcats get knocked off by the Beavers.
(24) Missouri 26 – The Tigers blank the Buffaloes.
(10) Utah 68
Iowa St 27 – Utah scores at will against the Cyclones.
(8) Auburn 37
Kentucky 34 – The Wildcats lose another heartbreaker as Cameron Newton runs wild for four TDs for the Tigers.
(12) LSU 33
(14) Florida 29 – LSU hangs on for the win despite 15 points in the 4th quarter by the Gators.
(23) Florida St 45
13 Miami (FL) 17 – The Seminoles take care of the Canes and make it look easy.
(4) Boise St 57 – Boise State crushes Toledo to continue their unblemished season
(16) Stanford 37 – The Cardinal hold on at home against the Trojans in a barn-burner.
San Jose St 13
(21) Nevada 35 – The Wolfpack cruise past the Spartans to go to 6-0 for the 2010 season.
Thursday, Oct. 7
(7) Nebraska 48
Kansas St 13 – The Cornhuskers were too much for the Wildcats in this Big 12 showdown.
Friday, Oct. 8
(22) Okla St 54
LA Lafayette 28 – The Cowboys poured it on in the second half to pull away from the Ragin Cajuns.
QB Cameron Newton of the Auburn Tigers had a remarkable game today – he not only threw for 211 yards, he also ran for 198 yards and four TDs! And to top it off he led the Tigers on an 80 yard drive from their own seven yardline for the game-winning field goal.
For more on college and pro football see:
College Football Scores — Top 25 NCAA Football Scores
NFL Week 3 Scores