If you’ve been looking for a personal credit card that offers rewards points and are a frequent traveler, you may be a good candidate for the American Express Blue Sky Card. This credit card allows you to earn rewards points towards future travel plans, gift cards and also offers cash rewards for certain purchases. It is also part of the Blue Savings Program that lets you save money on purchases made from American Express partners, including JW Marriott, Fleming’s Steakhouse and Dunkin’ Donuts.
Here’s a close look at some of the key benefits of the American Express Blue Sky Card, and the different perks and purchasing options you have as a cardholder:
American Express Blue Sky Card Rewards Points
Every purchase you make with the American Express Blue Sky Card can earn you points for free travel, gift cards or cash. You can earn points and use them toward hotel bookings, cruises, rental cars and travel packages. If you redeem your American Express Blue Sky Card rewards points for gift cards, you can cash out a minimum of 3,250 points for a gift card that can be used at almost any gas station, restaurant, movie theatre or anywhere where American Express Cards are accepted. If you prefer cash instead, you can redeem 6,500 points for a $50 cash reward.
You can review American Express Blue Sky Card Reward points online by registering your account online. Registration also allows you to monitor your account and find out about the latest special offers and redemption opportunities available for cardholders.
There is no annual fee associated with the American Express Blue Sky card, and you can start redeeming travel rewards with as little as 7,500 points on your account.
Other American Express Blue Sky Card Cardholder Perks
Having the American Express Blue Sky Card makes it easy for you to book your next travel package at a discount, and also save money on entertainment and shopping. American Express Blue Sky cardholders are eligible for exclusive benefits in select markets with Ticketmaster, and are able to obtain discounts on movies, theater tickets, sporting events and concerts. Other benefits of being an American Express Blue Sky Cardholder include:
– Complimentary car rental and damage insurance
– Speedy delivery of American Express Travelers Cheques
– 24/7 medical, legal, financial and emergency assistance with the Global Assist Hotline
– Guaranteed hotel reservations
– Up to $100,000 in travel accident insurance that includes protection for the cardholder and their family
– Instant access to cash up to the card’s cash advance limit at ATMS with the Express Cash feature
– Smooth purchasing process with expresspay
– Extended warranties on eligible consumer purchases
– Replacement and repair services for eligible purchases
– Up to 20% savings on Hertz, Marriott, Regent Seven Sea Cruises and Atlantis Resorts