There has been a lot of talk about sports drink and the amounts of sugar they contain. This has caused many people to quit drinking and purchasing them. However, there are some sports drinks that may actually have health benefits. What could some of these health benefits be? Here are a few:
• All sports drinks contain water. Some of us just do not like the taste of water. If you can drink your water by drinking a sports drink, you have to admit this can be a plus. Everyone needs 6 to 8 servings of water each and every day. If you can get one of these servings in the form of a sports drink, it may be better than missing that serving all together, especially if you are exercising a lot.
• Many sports drinks contain electrolytes. Our body loses electrolytes naturally as we sweat which means we can become dehydrated quicker. By replacing these electrolytes and the water, we may keep ourselves hydrated longer.
• Some sports drinks will contain glucose and sucrose carbohydrates instead of fructose. Fructose can cause cramping and bloating in some people.
• Some sports drinks contain potassium.
• Some sports drinks contain vitamins.
• Some sports drink contains caffeine, which can be helpful if you feel tired. Yet, do not go overboard on the caffeine and do note that caffeine will cause some people to experience a racing type feeling in their heart.
• Some sports drinks contain sodium.
• Some people claim that sports drinks helps their game, giving them added energy and stamina.
• Many sports drinks are low in calories
How do you know if the sports drink you like best is a good quality health choice? You simply read the label and you read the ingredients.
Then when you find one that you like remember to drink only in moderation and not to drink this sports drink in place of water.