The folks over at ABC have announced the Dancing with the Stars lineup for season 11, which kicks off on September 20th. The diversity of the lineup on DWTS always draws a large audience and this season is likely to be no different. This season offers the usual mix of actors, actresses, an athlete, and a politician’s daughter. That’s right, Sarah Palin’s daughter, Bristol, is a member of the Dancing with the Stars season 11 lineup.
Unlike last season on Dancing with the Stars, season 11 shouldn’t spark any controversies about professional dancers taking part in the competition. The only advantage that has even been lightly discussed thus far is that Jennifer Grey may have some sort of an edge because of her portrayal of Baby in Dirty Dancing a couple of decades ago.
Here’s the lineup for season 11 of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars premiering Monday, September 20th –
1. Audrina Partridge – An aspiring actress and 6-season veteran of The Hills.
2. Brandy – No last name required for this platinum selling R&B goddess and actress! Does she have the moves for DWTS?
3. Bristol Palin – Daughter of Sarah Palin. Yep, that’s about it.
4. David Hasselhoff – Actor and bad boy who’s likely to keep things interesting. We’ll see if he can stay out of trouble. He says his daughters encouraged him to join Dancing with the Stars for season 11.
5. Florence Henderson – That’s right, mama Brady is going to shake a leg on DWTS this year! At 76, Henderson is the oldest member of the Dancing with the Stars lineup this season.
6. Jennifer Grey – Nope, she doesn’t even resemble Baby anymore thanks to a little rhinoplasty. Fans will remember her as the star of 1987’s blockbuster hit Dirty Dancing. We’ll see if she’s still got the moves at 50. Hey, nobody puts Baby in the corner!
7. Kurt Warner – Dancing with the Star’s first quarterback competitor, Warner led the St. Louis Rams to victory in Super Bowl XXXIV.
8. Kyle Massey – The youngest competitor this year stars on the Disney Channel’s #1 hit sitcom Cory in the House and is an NAACP Image Award Nominee.
9. Margaret Cho – The comedienne is likely to be one of the wild cards this season. Cho is known to be unpredictable and outrageous and is likely to provide a wealth of entertainment.
10. Michael Bolton – With 53 million albums sold, most people know who he is. What many people don’t know is that he heads a charity organization whose dominant focus is the issue of violence against women.
11. Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino – Known for being on MTV’s Jersey Shore. Spray tan, spray tan, spray tan!
12. Rick Fox – Former Los Angeles Laker, actor, father of two, and aspiring producer.
Source: ABC Dancing with the Stars