Tea partiers are picking the bones of Donner Party Republicans who got trapped in the wilderness of high rhetoric and low down behavior, while the Deaf, Dumb and Blind Party of Same Old Deal Democrats pretends nothing has changed and that the horrors of the Donner Party can’t happen to them. But tough times require tough decisions by tough people, and desperate voters are also eyeing up congressional Democrats as easy picking. The civic descendants of Alfred G. Packer may be the last ones standing, when a long political winter ends.
- Brooklyn Democratic Party Boss Vito Lopez to Voters: “Politics. That’s How I Get the Money”
- Why Tea Party Politics Are Doomed
- Fringe Politics in 2010: Jimmy McMillan of the Rent is to Damn High Party and Alvin Greene
- American Politics & the 2010 Elections More Than Ever Resemble the NFL’s Superbowl
- Americans Goes Hungry While Congress Plays Politics