If you are looking for a really easy reindeer ornament or reindeer pin to make and one that turns out really cute, this easy reindeer clothespin ornament or reindeer pin will be the perfect winter craft to make.
The reindeer clothespin ornament or pin is so easy to make and even a child would easily be able to make it with a little adult guidance. I had my second grade students make this reindeer craft, choosing it to be an ornament or pin as a gift for their parents at the holidays and the students needed minimal help, they were so excited at the results.
This easy ornament or pin would also be great to make in bulk to hang in your own home and/or to give out as small gifts, the clothespins could even be personalized by writing the recipients name on the clothespin in a vertical manner.
– Mini-wood clothespin
– Brown craft paint
– Googly eyes
– Small red pom pom craft ball
– Green pipe cleaner
– Fishing line or yarn
1. Paint the wood clothespin using the brown craft paint, make sure to paint multiple coats to cover the clothespin thoroughly.
2. Glue on googly eyes.
3. Glue on a small v-shaped green pipe cleaner above the eyes.
4. Glue on the small red pom pom craft ball as a nose, add a name at this time if you choose to personalize it.
5. Tie the fishing line or yarn around the reindeer’s neck so it is a loop long enough to hang or glue a pin on the back. (The 2 photos shown represent the reindeer made into a pin.)
6. Add a little pink blush using a q-tip to make the reindeer’s cheeks a little rosy.
The easy reindeer clothespin ornament or reindeer pin is really simple to make and fast too. If you choose to make the easy ornaments or pins in bulk, I would recommend painting all the ornaments/pins brown, then gluing the eyes, pipe cleaner, nose next etc. It is quicker to do each step on all the ornaments/pins rather than attempting to complete all the steps on one individual ornament/pin at a time.
Reindeer ornaments or reindeer pins make great gifts and are also a fun winter craft for kids and adults alike to work on when the snow is mounting outside and indoor fun is necessary!