It’s thanksgiving day the traditional dinner is starting to feel outdated. Families need the new experience of having a light thanksgiving lunch. This way it is easier both on your waistline and your wallet. Below are a list of thanksgiving lunch recipes that take little time.
Sweet potato casserole
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 (40 ounce) can cut yams, drained
• 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, drained
• 1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix the flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon together in a bowl; cut the butter into the mixture and stir until crumble.
3. Combine the yams and cranberries in a larger bowl.
4. Stir 1 cup of the flour mixture into the yams and cranberries.
5. Pour the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish and top with the remaining flour mixture.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
. 7. Top with marshmallows and bake for another 10 minutes.
Quick Chinese turkey salad
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
• 1 (16 ounce) package mixed salad greens, washed and drained
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
• 1 pound cooked turkey, shredded
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, vegetable and sesame oils in large bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Add salad mixture and cilantro, tossing to coat all pieces.
3. Add turkey.
4. Toss to combine.
5. Serve immediately.
sgr123 and Kikkoman Stacy’s Half Cup Sweet Potato Casserole and Quick Chinese turkey salad