Apple Stamped Tee Shirts
An apple. A solid type of apple such as Granny Smith or Gala.
Acrylic fabric paint
1. Put the cardboard inside the shirt so the paint does not bleed through.
3. Cut the apple in half either the long or wide way. If you cut it the wide way, you will have a neat star design but it may not look like an apple. The long way will look like an apple.
4. Let the apple sit out a few hours so it can dry.
5. Cover the cut side of the apple in paint and stamp it on the shirt. You can choose any pattern here. Stamp it randomly, or do stripes! It’s up to you, be creative!
6. Let the tee shirt dry flat for about 6 hours.
7. Wash the shirt in cold water and dry it in low heat.
8. Show it off!
*You can also use leaves as stamps on your tee shirt.
Pumpkin Seed Necklaces
Acrylic paint (optional)
1. Take pumpkin seeds either from your pumpkins during carving, or just from a bag of seeds sold at grocery stores. If not already roasted, lie them flat on a cookie sheet and put in oven on 400 degrees for about 10 – 15 minutes or until dry.
2. Tie a string of desired necklace length to a medium sized sewing needle. On the other end of the string, tie a bead to stop the pumpkin seeds from falling off.
3. Pain the seeds any color you like once they cool. (Optional)
4. With the pumpkin seeds lying flat on a cutting board or cooled cookie sheet, poke them in the middle with the sewing needle and push the needle through the seed.
5. Fill the necklace with as many seeds as you wish then take the needle off the end.
6. Tie both ends of necklace together with a few knots.
Tin Can Candle Holder
Empty and clean tin can with the label taken off
2 bricks (or something to hold the tin can in place)
Nails of any or differing sizes
1. Take you pencil and mark dots on the can to make any picture of design you wish. Good Halloween ideas are pumpkins, jack-o-lantern face, tree, cat, moon, stars, leaves, witch hats.
2. Take your hammer and nail and hammer a hole from the outside of the can going inward so as not to cause the outside to be rough to the touch. Do this to every dot you made with the pencil until you are finished with your picture or design.
3. Have an adult light the candle and put it into the can.
4. Look at the beautifulness!
Box of tissues
1. Lie your tissue flat
2. Put a cotton ball in the middle
3. Tie tissue around cotton ball at the base of the cotton ball.
4. Draw a little ghost face on the ghosts head.
5. Hang around the home!
Black construction paper
1. Fold construction paper in half the width way.
2. Draw a bat on one side.
3. With paper still folded, cut bat out
4. Take 2 bats made and glue them together with the straw placed between them.
5. Dry for a day.
6. Play puppets!