Cold winter weather can force fitness lovers to stay indoors rather than brave a chilly trip to the gym. Besides extreme temperatures and brisk winds, many people want workout alternatives that fit into their busy winter schedules. Make a pledge to yourself to keep your figure on the skinny side with these fast, fun indoor winter workouts. These mini workouts will fit right into your holiday itinerary, making you feel healthier and happier all season long. Even novice fitness lovers will find mini winter workouts invigorating.
Commercial Break Work Out
Hunkering down on the couch to enjoy holiday movies is just part of the seasonal fun but becoming a couch potato can really hamper your self-confidence during bikini weather. Don’t give up on your favorite reruns of “It’s a Wonderful Life” and the “Grinch Who Stole Christmas.” Put into practice a commercial break work out and get toned one, two or three minutes at a time. Toss a yoga mat on the floor in front of your couch. A soft blanket would do the trick too. Whenever your show hits a commercial break, hit the mat.
• Lay flat on your back, with your knees raises and hands flat by your side. Lift your feet slowly and then slowly lower them. This action flattens the tummy.
• Sit on the mat with your legs spread in front of you in a “V” shape. Bend at the waist and grasp the toes of your left foot. Hold the foot for a few seconds. Repeat the action holding the toes of the right foot. This stretches the body and tones.
• Run or walk in place for the duration of the commercial. Move the yoga mat out of the way first, of course.
• Get on all fours keeping your back straight. Do some pushups while keeping our knees bent.
Tighten and Release
This simple action will give your abs a workout and you can do it anywhere. This is how to do this fast, fun indoor winter workout. You can do this four-count exercise fast or slow.
• Pull your stomach in using two counts.
• Release your stomach using two counts.
• Repeat several times in one-minute intervals.
• Rest in between each one-minute set.
Soup Can Workout
Head to the pantry and grab two soup cans for this quick winter workout. Soup cans are lightweight and easy to handle, making them the perfect workout tool. Try these soup can workouts for better arm tone.
• Hold the soup cans in your hands with the palms facing upwards.
• Slowly pull the soup cans towards your chest and lower them to your waist.
• Do these lifts in sets of ten.
Trim the upper arms with this work out.
• Hold the soup cans in your hands letting your hands rest comfortably by your side.
• Lift the soup cans from your waist straight out in front of you. Do this in a smooth movement. The tops of your hands should face up, the palms underneath.