When you shop for a pair of beautiful high heel shoes, it is important to keep a few pointers in mind. These pointers can help to make sure those shoes are as comfortable at home as they were in the store. When you shop for womens’ special occasion shoes, platform shoes, high heeled shoes, stiletto shoes, high heeled boots, sneakers or any other foot wear, you can find a comfortable fit. The comfortable fit is determined by the time of day the shoes are purchased.
Here are a few tips to make sure your shoes fit comfortably;
* When you shop for shoes, it is very important to make sure you pick a pair of shoes that will remain comfortable. do not shop for shoes early in the morning. Your feet are considerably smaller at the beginning of the day.
* The best time to buy shoes is in the late afternoon or early evening because your feet swell as the day goes on. Walking, eating and drinking can cause your feet to swell and this can affect the way a pair of shoes feel throughout the rest of the day.
* When trying on a pair of new shoes, the fit should be comfortably snug, but not too tight. There should be a little extra room at the toe area to that your toes can move around.
* Try the shoes on and take a few steps. When you walk with the shoe on, there should not be any gaping between the ankle and the shoe.
* Make sure there is enough cushioning in the inner soles so that your feet will not feel like two concrete slabs at the end of a long day. Push down on the inside of the shoe, there should be some cushion that you can actually push down. A hard insole will make your feet suffer, especially if you walk a lot during the day.
* Arch support is very important but too much support is painful. Make sure the support is not overly exaggerated. This extra cushion will become painful after a few hours.
If there is a brand of shoes that work best for you can give you adequate comfort, stick with that brand whenever possible. A good pair of shoes can mean the difference between a good day and a day filled with under served pain.