Tech gifts are all the rage for kids this Christmas. As the toys get bigger and better, it’s always difficult to find those most wanted tech gifts that your kids want. Here are some tips to help find the best tech gifts for your kids this Christmas.
1. Act now – The first tip you need to know is to act now. Once the catalogs and Christmas books come out, you need to get your Christmas lists from your kids. Get on it, because there is a very good chance that these tech gifts are going to be hard to find past the Thanksgiving holiday. May of these tech toys are abundant in the stores 2 to 3 months prior to Christmas so make it easy on yourself and shop early.
2. Order Online – Places like Wal-Mart actually have cheaper prices online on their video games and tech toys. They even offer FREE shipping at times (store pick-up especially). Take a look there first because if you are early, then there is also a good chance that you item will be available.
3. Subscribe to newsletters – Places like Toys R Us will send out hidden advertisements in their newsletter that are different to that in the Sunday advertisements. Back in 2009 when Zhu Zhu pets were hard to find, Toys R Us had a special that involved getting 4 Zhu Zhu pets in one package. It was exclusive to Toys R Us and sold out early in morning.
4. Ask an associate – Most places like Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, etc. have great assistants on hand to help you will your questions and other needs. So go to them and ask if they have your item in stock. Many times they either have a set up somewhere else, hidden on the top shelve, or the item, is hidden in the back. All you have to do is ask.
5. Monitor shipping dates – Always ask the attendant for shipping/receiving dates. This will give you a better idea when to come looking for your gift. Just be warned that these dates/times are just guidelines, so you should call before you arrive to see if an item has arrived. I talked to an associate at K-mart, and he was more than happy to help with their receiving dates, then I called back a day later and they were more than happy to help me verify the arrival of their packages.
6. Check EBAY – If all else fails and you cannot get any of the tech gifts that you are looking for then you can always order on EBAY. You may have to pay additional money for the item but at least you will have it in your hands by Christmas. Just make sure that you give them enough time to ship, verify when they are shipping the item, verify how they are shipping the item, and check their feedback to see if they are a legit seller.