From the perspective of any guy with style, fall might just be the perfect season: summer tees and shorts leave little room for personal flair, and 20 degree winter weather demands that bulky parka. So it’s in those three short months where the weather’s brisk, but not chilly, that guys have a chance to put their best foot forward: blazers, trench coats, leather jackets, and pea coats are just a few of the fashion choices that have found a place in fall
Here are some of the hottest fall fashion choices for 2010:
1. The Blazer- classic, intelligent, professorial: all the traditional, old-school assets of the blazer reside alongside today’s younger, chicer vibe. Fit for the office or the nightclub, you’ll look sharp giving quarterly reports to the boss or downing Jägerbombs with friends. Elegant, with a masculine edge, the blazer accents a guys shoulders and V-shaped body, while keeping it classy enough for any situation.
2. Jeans– always in style, never routine, jeans are a safe bet with any autumn outfit. But to really show off your fashion flair, a guy has to keep up with the latest denim trends. Today, it’s the darker, tighter jeans: not skintight skater’s jeans, today’s hot styles offer a classier look. With denim dark enough to almost look like dress pants, but comfortable enough to kick around the house, they can ease you into a cocktail party or a Lay-Z-Boy. And with a tighter fit around the legs, today’s jeans offer a crisp look that makes any outfit look like it was fitted just for you.
3. Fitted shirts– as you might be guessing by now, this fall it’s all about classy. Why should looking sharp be reconciled to the boardroom? Sharp can be sexy too, especially with fitted dress shirts- neat and tidy when topped off with a blazer, they come alive at the end of the day. Throw of the coat, roll up the sleeves, unbutton the collar, and you have sharp, formfitting shirt fit for the hottest party.
4. Trench Coats– as the leaves start to wither and the trees go bear, meet winter in style with today’s sleekest throw-back: the old-school trench-coat. Right out of a 19th century novel, with a twentieth century twist, you can look both modern and mysteries, without sacrificing comfort, versatility or warmth.
5. Pea Coat– another throwback from the days of Rimbaud, the pea coat is a more casual, European approach to “cool.” Perfect for shuffling between college classes, the pea coat is a subdued, intelligent autumn choice, with a woolen warmth that can be worn right on through winter.