A husband and wife oftentimes meet each others needs by supplying strength to the other when they are weak. One of these times when a husband has the opportunity to do this is when his wife has a baby. Many times, a husband can get a little time off of work to be with his wife and assist her. There are many ways a husband can help his wife. This article will give five ways that a husband can help his wife who just had a c-section and has a toddler at home. This list is not the complete list, but rather very important things that he can do to help strengthen her in the time of weakness.
1) A husband can help his wife who just had a c-section and has a toddler at home by going grocery shopping for the family and taking the toddler with him. Grocery shopping is usually not the husband’s favorite thing to do and taking a toddler with him adds to the moment, but his purpose should be to help his wife. If he realizes that the whole reason he is doing this is to make her life easier, the job won’t be too difficult after all. Furthermore, this gives the new mother an opportunity to have some time with her new baby. This is such a special time and often, there needs to be a time where mother and baby are alone.
2) The husband can clean the house or hire someone to do it! When a lady has a c-section, bending down can be very strenuous and not recommended for a healthy recovery. Cleaning is a burden enough and not a burden that the wife should carry when recovering at home with a toddler and a newborn. The husband may even be able to recruit the toddler to help him clean, although not much cleaning would get done, but rather a bigger mess would probably be made. Cleaning the house will make her life a lot easier and she can focus on recovering.
3) The new mother should not carry anything over ten pounds! The cut is fresh and the wound is not completely healed and to ensure a good recovery, the husband should be doing the necessary carrying of anything, especially over ten pounds. This is a big way a husband can help his wife who just had a c-section and has a toddler at home.
4) Schedule the toddler for naps! A husband can be very instrumental in making sure the toddler goes to sleep at an appointed time and if the newborn is also sleeping, which is very possible, his wife can relax.
5) Make the meals or order food to be delivered or picked up! A wise husband will not load his wife down with junk food because she is going to be breastfeeding and her milk needs to be healthy. Take the burden off of your wife to make food for at least a week or two!
The husband and wife are a team and this is a time that he has met her needs in the above mentioned ways!