Celebrate turning a year older with some great birthday freebies. A number of companies offer birthday clubs or customer clubs with the perk of getting birthday freebie, ranging from a free cup of coffee to free makeup. As an added bonus, you’ll often receive a coupon or a freebie just for signing up.
To start collecting your birthday swag, sign up at the companies’ websites. They’ll request some information such as your name, birthday and e-mail address. If you plan to join a number of clubs, consider setting up a separate e-mail address as you’ll get e-mails from them throughout the year.
For this list I picked ten chains that have a presence in multiple states and that offer some great freebies. But this list is in no way all-inclusive. Be sure to look for other birthday clubs at retailers and restaurants in your area. And if you have kids, keep an eye open for businesses with clubs geared towards kid’s birthday freebies.
1. Get a free drink from Caribou Coffee on your Birthday. Visit the Caribou website, and create an account. Your coupon will arrive via e-mail.
2. Enroll in the Dunkin’ Perks program and you’ll get a coupon for a free medium beverage at Dunkin’ Donuts, good for several weeks around your birthday. As an added bonus, you’ll also get a coupon for a free drink when you sign up.
3. Sign up for Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program to get a birthday freebie. A couple weeks before your Birthday, you’ll get an e-mail saying that you can get your free gift online or in a store. The gift includes a few small makeup items. You can get your gift anywhere from 14 days before to 14 days after your birthday.
4. Enjoy a free scoop of ice cream from Baskin Robbins on your birthday. Sign up for the birthday club on the website and you’ll get a coupon via email. The coupon is valid for a couple weeks.
5. Join the World Market Explorer program to receive a coupon for $10 off any purchase of $10 or more at a World Market store. The coupon will arrive via e-mail around the time of your birthday. You’ll still have to pay tax on items, but this is a great deal. I used my certificate to get two boxes of black tea and a greeting card. My grand total, including tax, came to $ .51.
6. Go in to a Firehouse Subs store on your birthday and get a free medium sub. All you need is an I.D. proving that it is your birthday.
7. Join Friends of Krispy Kreme to score a dozen free dozen doughnuts on your birthday. Double check to make sure your location participates.
8. Get a free creation, which is Cold Stone lingo for ice cream mixed with toppings, on your birthday. Join Cold Stone Creamery’s birthday club to receive a coupon for your tasty freebie. The coupon is valid for the week before and the week after your birthday.
9. Sign up for the Noodlegram at the Noodles and Company site to receive a coupon for a free birthday meal. You’ll also get a coupon for a buy one get one free meal when you sign up.
10. Sign up for the Qdoba E-club and get a free burrito on your birthday. And get a coupon for free chips and salsa for signing up.