If you want to gain visitors to your blog or website for free, there are a few key things you need to do. This article explains the main things you need to do to get people to your website and keep them coming back for more.
1. Make sure your blog has content. Traffic shouldn’t even be of your concern until your blog is ready. Write a few posts (at least 1 to 3 per day for at least a week) pertaining to the title of your blog. This will give visitors something to read when they visit for the first time. Pick a few keywords and mention them at least 2 times to help with SEO. If you wrote some decent posts and used good keywords, you’ll be getting free traffic from the search engines within only a few days.
2. Join free traffic exchanges. You can join as many as you want, but don’t put more than one hour each day using these. You’re much better off getting organic traffic than a bunch of worthless hits anyway, but it helps. Only join traffic exchanges that give you a 1:1 ratio (for every site you view, you get a view in return) or you’ll just be wasting your time.
3. Send out pings each time you update a post. The best service that allows you to ping to more than one site at a time is Ping-O-Matic! This will let all the services know that your blog has been updated so visitors can come back and see what’s new on your blog.
4. Write SEO-optimized articles with good keywords and submit them to a website like Ezine, ArticlesBase, Associated Content, or any other site that allows you to post articles for free. Be sure to include a link and description of your blog in the articles you submit or they will be pointless! You’ll get free traffic from them and gain exposure. Some free article sites even allow you to earn revenue based on how many pageviews you receive.
5. Go to websites like Digg or Reddit to submit a link to your site. Free visitors, plain and simple.
6. Finally, you can visit free blog directories and submit a link to your blog. The whole point of a blog directory is to send traffic to the blogs listed in the directory. Traffic flow will depend on the popularity of the directories you join.
That is pretty much the basics for getting free traffic to your blogs. If you don’t want to spend money on SEO services and others alike, it will take a lot of effort on your part to get things going in the right direction. If you’re dedicated enough, you can make it happen!