Creating mini glitter pumpkins is a craft that both kids and adults will enjoy. These pumpkins can be used as place settings or centerpieces to add a sparkly accent to the Thanksgiving festivities.
You will need the following items to create this Thanksgiving craft:
Mini Pumpkins, easily found at most supermarkets during the holiday season
Glitter, loose and/or glitter glue
1. Lay out the newspaper to preserve your workspace.
2. Spray a pumpkin with adhesive spray.
3. Quickly apply the loose glitter and allow the pumpkin to dry.
4. Once the adhesive dries, shake off the excess glitter and repeat steps 2 & 3 until all exposed areas are covered in glitter.
5. Using the glitter glue, write the names of your Thanksgiving guests directly onto the pumpkins.
As a variation, these mini pumpkins can serve as name tag holders; all you have to do is create your own name tags. To do this you will need your choice of paper, scissors, and markers or the glitter glue. Using the scissors and paper, cut out rectangles (approximately the size of the mini pumpkins). Next, using the markers or glitter glue, write the names of your guests on the rectangles. Finally, using the scissors or a knife, make a vertical cut in the stalk of the mini pumpkin and insert the name tag.
Both versions will liven up a traditional table and serve as an enjoyable craft project for children of all ages.
NOTE: Please closely supervise your children any time they craft with adhesive sprays or cutting utensils.