1 1/4 cup flour
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/3 cold water
1 lb sausage
3 cloves garlic
1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
1 Tbsp fresh basil or the equivalent dried
3 goose or turkey eggs or 6 chicken eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp black pepper
Several drops of hot sauce
Preheat over to 375F.
1. Mix salt and flour.
2. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until the mix resembles crumbs.
3. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time and mix until it forms a dough using all the flour mixture.
4. Roll into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator about a half hour.
5. Chop onion and garlic.
6. Add onion and garlic to sausage and cook until there is no pick in the sausage and the onion is tender.
7. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out.
8. Line a 9 inch pie pan with dough and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the pie crust from oven and reduce temperature to 350F.
10. Pour sausage mixture in pie crust.
11. Sprinkle sausage mixture with cheese.
12. Beat eggs, basil, milk, pepper and hot sauce together. Pour into pie crust.
13. Bake for 40 minutes or until the eggs are set.