Here’s a great canned pumpkin soup recipe, perfect for autumn meals. Serve this rich, creamy pumpkin soup recipe as an opener for your Thanksgiving feast, or any autumn gathering. The pleasant aroma of this pumpkin soup will fill your home as it simmers.
Here are the ingredients needed for your canned pumpkin soup recipe:
• 1 (15 oz.)can plain pumpkin (not pie filling)
• 3 tart green apples
• 1 large onion
• ¼ teaspoon rosemary
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Fresh ground black pepper to taste
• Dash of nutmeg or mace
• 3 (10 ½ oz.) cans chicken broth
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
• Minced, fresh flat leaf parsley as garnish
Procedure for canned pumpkin soup recipe:
1. Peel and chop the onion and the apples.
2. Put apples, onion, chicken broth, water, rosemary, salt, pepper, and brown sugar in a large pot. Stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add canned pumpkin. Stir, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Puree the canned pumpkin soup recipe in a food processor or blender. Take a cup at a time, and make it smooth. Pour the pureed soup back in the pot.
5. Heat pureed soup just to boiling. Reduce heat, add ½ and ½ or cream, and stir. Add a dash of nutmeg or mace. (Only a dash! A little goes a long way.)
6. If you want the soup thinner, add extra water or broth a little bit at a time, and stir, until it is just right.
7. Gently heat and stir. Do not boil.
8. Serve garnished with minced, flat leaf parsley.
Tips and hints for your canned pumpkin soup recipe:
• Use flat leaf parsley instead of curly leaf, because it has much better flavor.
• Use only a dash of nutmeg or mace, as a little goes a long way.
• Use fresh ground black pepper, because it is more pungent and flavorful. Now they sell pepper in little built-in pepper grinder jars.
• Do not boil this canned pumpkin soup recipe when you reheat it.
Click here for a flavor and nutrition packed Butternut Squash Soup Recipe.