2 lb flank steak
4 finely chopped jalapeno peppers with the stems and seeds removed.
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves of minced
1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of freshly chopped oregano
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup water
This will make 6 servings
1. Combine all ingredients for the Chimichurri Sauce.
2. Score each side of the steak about 1/8 to 1/4″ deep and rub in the
sauce, reserving some of the sauce to serve with the meal.
3. Place the meat and marinade in a ceramic or glass pan and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Remove the meat and extra sauce from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature before grilling.
5. Grill the meat over charcoal or under a broiler until medium-rare.
6. Immediately carve the steak across the grain into strips about 1/4″ thick and serve with the extra Chimichurri sauce.