Test your knowledge of Guy Fawkes history and facts with this interesting Guy Fawkes quiz. There are a total of 12 questions. Answers to the Guy Fawkes facts trivia can be found at the end of the quiz.
1. Who was Guy Fawkes?
a) A revolutionary b) A professional assassin c) An extremist d) A court jester e) A wealthy banker
2. What famous event in English history was Guy Fawkes most associated with?
a) Proclamation of the Magna Carta b) The Black Death c) Establishment of the Church of England d) The Gunpowder Plot e) The English Civil War
3. Guy Fawkes was of which nationality.
a) English b) Spanish c) Dutch d) Portuguese e) Swedish
4. Guy Fawkes participated in a rebellion to overthrow the King of England. Who was this English monarch?
a) Charles I b) William III c) George II d) Edward VII e) James I
5. How did Guy Fawkes die?
a) By execution b) By suicide c) By natural death d) Unknown
6. Guy Fawkes Day is the annual remembrance of the failed rebellion. What is the date of this odd occasion?
a) October 30 b) November 5 c) November 15 d) December 5 e) None of these dates
7. How is Guy Fawkes Day celebrated?
a) Set off fireworks b) Light bonfires c) Burn effigies d) Disguise as Guy Fawkes e) All of the above
8. Guy Fawkes fought in which European war.
a) The Hundred Years’ War b) The Napoleonic Wars c) The Eighty Years’ War d) World War I
9. What is the common theme of festive masks depicting Guy Fawkes?
a) Serious b) Scary c) Sad d) Angry e) Jovial
10. Who was the chief plotter of the failed rebellion of which Guy Fawkes was a participant?
a) Thomas Percy b) Robert Catesby c) William Waad d) John Popham e) Guy Fawkes himself
11. Guy Fawkes was born in what year.
a) 1570 b) 1670 c) 1770 d) 1470 e) 1370
12. True or False. Guy Fawkes Day is a public holiday in England.
1)a 2)d 3)a 4)e 5)a 6)b 7)e 8)c 9)e 10)b 11)a 12)False
Expert – more than 9 correct
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Novice – less than 7 correct