When HBO aired their True Blood’s Season 3 Finale there were thousands of fans watching and tweeting as the show was going. This was evident with Twitter going over capacity and HBO’s own live tweet deck and live conversations were so busy that after a few seconds no one could access it either. It was rated one of the most watch shows this season.
So, here is a recp of the show. OK so let’s start with the smaller plots first then lead up to the big ones:
1. Tommy and Sam– should Sam give up on him after the many times he screws up or does the kid just need a good discipline action and Sam quit acting like he is surprised when these things happen? I am honestly not a big fan of this story line.
2. Tara- ok so she has went through hell but does she have to cry and whine every episode. She flipped out when Sam finally told her the truth- and btw- why can’t he just do that with the people he can trust instead of acting like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders? But back to Tara, maybe cutting her hair might help change her attitude and brighten her up a bit.
3. Jason, Andy, and the Hot Shot Crew-Calvin dead? No way- he is a werewolf and I just don’t see that. Jason left in charge of someone? That’s ironic when he can’t take care of himself. I wonder if he is going to be changed and if that will be part of next season.
4. Arlene and Terry– all I can say is why? Arlene is a complete idiot and Terry is way too good for her.
6. Jessica and Hoyt– it’s about time and the intervention was just about stupid though. But, mama is coming with a gun- wonder how that is going to turn out. This is probably my favorite couple.
7. Lafayette and Jesus- is Lafayette as dramatic as his cousin Tara? And why the surprise with Jesus being a witch after the trip they took two weeks ago. The visions should have filled him in. Maybe Jesus and Holly will be the witches that give Eric amnesia in season 4. Kristen Bauer tweeted after the show that Alan said that Eric may have amnesia this next season and this would fit.
8. Queen– simply hopes she dies
9. Bill– what they heck got into the spineless brooding vampire? Did he just go insane? Yes the plot between he, Sookie, and Eric ended at least a little of the same. Eric got to tell Sookie about Bill’s true intentions and she banishes all vampires from her life. But, him trying to kill Eric- that was just stupid. He only had cement, what did he think was going to happen? He is so desperate.
10. Russell, Eric, Godric and Pam- truly the best part of the show. Why was Godric trying to grant a conscious to Eric? Why shouldn’t Eric kill him. They all kill so easily and frequently anyway.And Pam is just awesome with her attitude and one liners. Eric had a good idea with wrapping Edgington with silver and pouring him in cement but it has already been revealed that the King will return in Season 4. He is too liked of a character to be just thrown away.
But, my most favorite scenes were of Sookie in the bar and the attitude that she had with all of them. She really showed that she was just fed up with the crap and all the things that the vampires had brought into her world. My favorite- flushing Talbott down the garbage disposal and then Ginger later cleaning the container.
So, what is everyone think of the finale? did it tie up any loose ends or make more? Was the season and the finale too rushed? Or just right?
Fans what are you going to do til June and Season 4 because we all know that Waiting Sucks!