Whether you have leftover pumpkin calling for a recipe, or just love pumpkin, this is a wonderful healthy version of Thanksgiving Pumpkin Bread. Sweet and spicy, this will satisfy all of your Thanksgiving guests.
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Spray baking sheet with non-stick oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, apple sauce, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Pumpkin bread is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- After bread has cooled, frost with a cream cheese frosting, or glaze of powdered sugar and lemon juice.
This recipe serves 24. Double the recipe to make sure you have plenty for all, this dessert will go quickly!