You know why our kids are screwed up? It is us. The adults. We have done nothing to contain college costs, when your kid goes to college, it will cost him or he at least $100,000. We have done nothing to contain the deficit which I am pretty sure is about one billion per kid now and we have no intention of cutting back social security. Those kids can keep working and their take home pay will be ZERO. They will have tent communes underneath freeways, because that is all they can afford. I don’t care as long as they pay my social security. Let’s not even imagine what the Medicare is going to cost your kids.
My point is the kids today, need to start telling adults – yeah you and maybe me on certain days that it has got to STOP right now. Adults have gone too far and we should all be lined up against a wall and pelted to death with marshmallows.
If I were a kid, I could handle an uncertain future haunted by the adults’ stupidity – but the line has to be drawn when adults mess with Halloween. When they replace the whole point of Halloween – CANDY, SUGAR and MORE CANDY – with “health food”.
You want a scary Halloween as a kid? Imagine being giver a fig cookie, trail mix or granola bars as a TREAT! Here are some healthy treats that health nuts advocate we give our kids:
• trail mix
• packages of low-fat crackers with cheese or peanut* butter filling
• animal crackers
• gold fish crackers
• graham crackers
• Cracker jacks
• 100 calorie packs of various products
• beef or turkey jerky
• single serve boxes of ready-to-eat cereal
• raisins and chocolate covered raisins
• fig cookies
• sugar-free gum or hard candy
• gummy candies made with real juice
• mini boxes of raisins
• individual juice drinks (100% juice)
• snack pack pudding
• Jello with fruit
• bean dip
• single-serve packets of low-fat microwave popcorn
• sugar-free hot chocolate or apple cider packets
• Single box of cheerios
• Spicy Roasted Soy Beans
• Take along Trail Mix
• Pumpkin muffins
• Granola bars decorated with an orange ribbon
• cereal bars
• snack packets of dried fruit, baked
Wow. Looking at that list verifies that only adults can screw up a holiday that should be based on CANDY AND SUGAR AND MORE CANDY .
Yep, kids it is time to take over the world. I can’t see how you can do any worse. But before you do, enjoy that fig cookie, while daddy has that Twinkie..