I recently found this book that looked very interesting. It is a kids book but with a pretty heavy and classic theme. The book is titled, ” Heck Where the Bad Kids Go” is loosely based on Dante’s Inferno. It begins about a brother and sister named Milton and Marlo. Milton is a nerd and Marlo is a goth and a crook. They go through different adventures and are send to “heck”.
Each book is named after one of the 9 circles of Hell or Heck we should say for this book. The children are sent to limbo in this book and made to go to a horrible school where they have to pass through the circles of hell.
It sounds really interesting and would be the type of book for 4th – 8th grade readers. Here are the titles for the next books:
- The 9 circles of Heck
- Limbo : First place where kids arrive after they die.
- Rapacia : Where the greedy kids go.
- Blimpo : Where the “plump”, overweight kids go.
- Fibble : Where the lying kids go.
- Snivel : Where the whining kids go.
- Precocia : Where the kids that grow too fast go.
- Lipptor : Where the kids who sass back go.
- Sadia : Where the really, really mean kids go.
- Dupli-City : Where the dirty, double faced kids go.
The books are available here on Amazon.com and the website for the kids are here