Monogrammed coffee tables are a great way to customize your living room space. This silver and white monogrammed coffee table project can refurbish an existing piece or transform an unfinished wooden table into something extraordinary!
For this project, you will need:
– One wooden coffee table (either a refurbished table or an unfinished wooden table)
– Medium or fine grit sandpaper
– Tack cloth or other similar style soft cloth
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Dover White
– Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Silver Foil
– Seven to ten inch monogram shaped stencil (available at craft supply and scrapbook supply shops)
– Craft knife
– Self healing mat
– Masking tape
– Craft paper and/or a dissembled paper bag
– Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Finishing Spray
– Newsprint and/or a large drop cloth
Before you begin this project, it is highly advised to cover the space in which you will be creating your monogrammed coffee table at with sheets of old newsprint and/or a large drop cloth. Make sure all existing paint is remove from the table before you start. Carefully sand the outside of the wooden table with a few sheets of medium and/or fine grit sandpaper. Use a soft cloth or tack cloth to wipe down the outside of the table.
Prime the outside of the coffee table with three or more thick coats of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let the primed coffee table set for a couple hours to dry. Paint the table using three to five even coats of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Dover White. Dry for four to five hours before proceeding.
Lay the sheet of cardstock flat on the self healing mat. Use a pencil and a stencil to trace a seven to ten inch monogram shape onto the paper. Carefully cut out the monogram shape from the cardstock piece with a craft knife. Discard the monogram cutout.
Adhere the remaining portion of cardstock to the center of the table using masking tape. Cover all areas except the exposed monogram pattern with either craft paper or a dissembled paper bag and masking tape.
Spray the exposed monogram area with five to ten thick coats of Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Silver Foil. Let the metallic paint set for ten minutes between coats. Dry overnight.
Remove all paper and masking tape from the painted coffee table, exposing a white table with a silver monogram in the center. Spray the entire table with a few coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Finishing Spray. Let the table dry completely before using.