Christmas can be overwhelming and expensive. Here are a few ideas of things you can make to give as gifts to family members, friends and co workers:
Basket (either bought or an old Easter basket)
Homemade hot chocolate mix (below)
Homemade jam (below)
Colored plastic wrap
1. Put enough tinsel in the basket to fill it about half way.
2. Cut a square about 6 x 6 inches of the plastic wrap and fill with trail mix.
3. Add jars of hot chocolate mix and jam so they are displayed towards the back as they are bigger.
4. Display wrapped chocolate in front with candy canes sticking up behind it. Do this by sticking the canes into the tinsel.
5. Hand it out!
3 cups of strawberries or fruit of choice
3 cups of white sugar
1 package of pectin
1 cup of water
1. Add water and berries into a pot and warm. Mash the berries with a potato masher.
2. Add sugar and mix over low heat until all sugar is dissolved.
3. Add package of pectin and mix until all is dissolved.
4. Pour into jars leaving half an inch of space at the top of the jar.
5. Put jars into a pot of water, enough to cover the jar and boil for half an hour.
6. Store or serve.
Hot chocolate mix:
1 cup coco powder
1/2 cup dry milk powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons dry cream powder
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Add to jars.
3. Cut pieces of fabric of your choice large enough to cover top of jar.
4. Glue fabric onto jar lid.