Each of us at one time or another have been in that type of relationship, where you just don’t feel that your goals are the same as your partners. When you have goals that are not compatible it may seem that your relationship will be quite difficult. But you can learn the ways to support that perfect match that you love and make your relationship last. Making your match be able to reach the goals they want too and make both of you happy. When you support their goals they will reciprocate and support the goals that you have as well. Though it won’t always be an easy process it will be one that is quite worth the time.
Does That Partner Really Need Support?
There are a ton of different things that can come up in a relationship that will have a partner leaning on the other for support. At times they are bad things and even good things will come up that they need support with. At times it’s a hard road for a couple, but sticking through these things will only build a tougher relationship for you both. A good example is a spouse who is battling through cancer, you need to support them, though it may seem that leaving would be a lot easier. It is during this time that you need to support that partner fully.
But don’t forget that you have good things that will come up that a partner may need your support in as well. Such as starting a new career or even heading back to school. Supporting them here will be something that will help out their goals and make you feel better too.
So what are the 8 ways that you can support your partner?
- Encourage them. When you are concerned about something simply talk to them about the problem. It will be that communication that will have a marriage last through years of hardships.
- Help around the house. Make sure that both of you share the chores around the house. That will show that you are not taking a partner for granted. Plus both of you are most likely as tired as the other.
- Help keep your partners confidence high. If you see that they are having problems with confidence look for ways to boost that confidence higher.
- Never assume something. If you’re not sure what your partner is doing, ask them about it. You should never guess and assume something in a relationship.
- Lend a helping hand. If your partner has to do something that you can help with, help them out. Whether it’s helping to call customers or just being there beside them during the tough times.
- Make sacrifices. Sometimes you may need to budget money or even spend a bit less time together. Make those sacrifices if they are needed to help your partner meet their dreams and goals.
- Work as a team. Your marriage has you as a team and you should work as a team in meeting goals and dream.
- Communicate. Again communication is something that will have you with a lasting and long-term marriage. It is a must so make sure you take the time to talk to each other each day.
Not having the support of a mate behind you can make goals seem hard and difficult to reach. So help out with your partners dreams and in turn they will help with yours.