All of us dog owners think we know everything there is to know about our canine friends. I have set up a little True or False test so you can review what you know, or learn one or two new facts.
How much do you really know about dogs? Do you know the correct answers to these True or False questions?
1. When a dog scratches its ears that means it has fleas.
2. A dog can be mildly bothered by perfume scented shampoo.
3. If you can you smell Fido a mile away, that means he needs a bath.
4. Dogs really enjoy being ‘dressed up’.
5. Dogs with deep wrinkles need to be washed on a daily basis.
6. When you point to something, your dog understands.
7. All dogs are born swimmers.
8. A body harness will make your dog walk better.
9. Dogs need mental stimulation.
10. Dogs are creatures of habit.
11. Dogs communicate with their tails.
12. Dogs groom themselves like cats do.
13. Dogs eat their own poop.
1. False – The dog could have ear mites or a yeast infection.
2. True – If your dog is bothered by perfume based shampoos, try using an oatmeal based shampoo
3. False – The dog may have a skin infection or an ear infection. For comparison, the smell of infection is similar to vomit and mildew.
4, False – The majority of dogs do not enjoy this activity.
5. True – Dogs with those deep wrinkles need bathing daily or the dirt in those wrinkles can lead to infection.
6. False – When you point to an item or object the dog focuses on the tip of your finger, not the item you are point to.
7. False – Some dogs live to swim, while others need encouragement.
8. False – The pressure points on a harness will make your dog pull even more.
9. True – A dog needs physical and mental stimulation in order to keep it out of trouble!
10. True – Dogs are creatures of habit and like familiarity.
11. True – Dogs wag their tails differently for different feelings. An aggressive dog will wag its tail held high and wagging very quickly. A playful dog will hold its tail high, but wag it in arches from side to side. A timid dog will hold its tail low and wag is back and forth quickly.
12. True – a dog will lick its paws and then rub its face with those paws.
13. False – In most cases a dog will not eat its own poop
How many did you get right?