How do we get an understanding of algebra? We know little to nothing about it when we first enter the classroom. Yet, for the most part, when we leave we may actually have somewhat of an understanding of the concepts. How did we do that? How did we get inside such a complicated issue as algebra? How can we understand algebra better?
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most complicated, you could probably put algebra at 1; that is, if woman is a 10. Women are very complicated creatures indeed. Being human doesn’t help simplify matters any either. The fact that men are human only adds more complication to the issue. But there are things we, as men, can do to better understand women.
Trusting you are concentrating on one woman at a time, I would like to share the proverbial list of ten “How do I understand her” secrets, in order of priority.
10) TALK: It may sound like just the opposite of what you are supposed to do, but the one thing most women will universally complain about is a man who does not say what he means or talk about what is on his mind. Just talk to your woman, let her know what you are thinking. Don’t command the discussion, but make certain to offer your share of thoughts and ideas. She will better understand you and will begin to trust you more and will, hopefully, open up with her own confessions.
9) FEED HER: Take your woman to her favorite restaurant. It will usually be difficult to get her to open up and tell you where she would like to go; work on that first. Once you know where she likes to eat analyze it. Her favorite restaurant can tell you something about her.
McDonald’s = No-nonsense, in a hurry, things to do kind of gal.
Italian = A bit feisty, likes it hot, maybe a little wild.
Chinese Buffet = likes good food, easy to please, down to earth.
Most women really do like to eat, we men just have to figure out what and where.
8) GO SHOPPING: This may be difficult for some of you men to willingly do, but take her shopping. Try to guess where she would like to go. If she is getting frustrated at you taking her to all the sports shops and hardware stores ask her where she wants to shop. Take her and follow along, watching everything she touches and study her reaction to the things she does not buy. This can tell you a lot. If she really liked that expensive jacket but she put it back down with a sad frown, she is probably a frugal woman and doesn’t like to spend money freely. Besides that, this is your opportunity to make big points by springing for that jacket later and surprising her. Pay Attention.
7) FOLLOW HER: This one can be dangerous and could get you in trouble. It works best if your woman plans on spending the day with a girlfriend. You say you are going to be busy also and nonchalantly kiss her good-bye and go your own way. Keep an eye on her; play James Bond. You have to see where she goes. This will give you a great insight into just who she really is. You want to know where she goes without you. Once you find that out, the next time you are with her, you take her to that same place and watch the surprise.
6) READ: Or, better yet, watch what she reads. When she sets the book down, pick it up and read some of it. If possible get your own copy of whatever she is reading; book, magazine, newspaper; and read up ahead of her. Watch her reaction when she comes to the point you have already read and you respond to her remarks with a sense of understanding. If she is reading love novels she is a romantic at heart. If she reads weekly news magazines she is very politically minded and serious. If she reads good housekeeping she wants a husband and a family – be careful.
5) OBSERVE: Pay very, very close attention to your woman’s looks; hair dos, clothes, jewelry, perfume, especially shoes. Two different perfumes, a day and a night, your woman is very analytical, very organized and concerned about presenting her best. Different shoes every day means she is undecided, difficult to read and tough to please. If she has too many different purses and she changes them way too often, your woman is trying to quit doing something. She is trying to kick a habit of some kind. Find out what it is and help her.
4) PLAY GAMES: One of the best ways to find out who your woman really is, is to play board games and card games with her. Just you and her are best, but you can learn a lot if you play with others as well. Watch how she reacts when she is losing, especially if you are the one beating her. Watch how she is when she is winning also. If she gets angry when she loses, be careful with that one. She expects a lot; high maintenance. If she rubs it in when she wins take caution also, you will never win with that one.
3) LISTEN: Let her talk. Let her rattle on all night long. Listen to her though. Listen to everything she has to say. Every word is another brick in her wall of defense. Encourage her to tell you stories of her past, her present, her future dreams. What better way to find out what is in your woman’s mind then to have her spill it all out to you?
2) SCRUPLES: This is a great game for getting to understand who your woman really is. Scruples is a game of questions and answers. Little cards have situation questions on them that you ask each of the players. Don’t worry about the game or the rules though. Take all the cards, read through them yourself and pick out the ones you think will really give you an insight on your woman. The situations are things like “What would you do if you saw your husbands best friend, who is married, flirting with another woman at lunch.” or “You see a young teen hoodlum knock an old lady down and steal her purse. A $50 bill drops out. Would you help the lady or take the $50 and run?” There are many, much tamer questions too, but ask enough of them and you will better understand who you are trying to get closer to.
And the number one trick to better understand women?
1) DON”T: Don’t bother. I have tried all nine of the tips I just gave you and I may have gotten 1% closer to understanding her. Don’t bother, just get her a box of chocolates, a dozen roses and a nice necklace and tell her you love her. That will make up for all the understanding you would ever get anyway.