Halloween is just around the corner. Your kids want you to buy them pumpkins so you can carve them together for Halloween. Carving a pumpkin for Halloween is easy and fun for the whole family. If you do not do this with your family yet, it is a must.
Things You Will Need
• A carving knife-paring knife will do
• Pens or markers
1. Before you carve a pumpkin for Halloween, you need to go out and buy a pumpkin. You can buy pumpkins at supermarkets, pumpkin patches or from charitable organizations. If you want to help a church with its finances, buy a pumpkin or two from their pumpkin patch. Beware of the people out there trying to make an extra buck on pumpkins. You do not have to pay high prices for your pumpkins.
2. Help your children draw a face on their pumpkins. If your children are old enough, let them design their own pumpkin face. Pumpkin faces can be friendly or scary. Either one is just fine. Your children will love designing their own Halloween pumpkin.
3. Take your carving knife and cut open the top of the pumpkin. Make a large circle and cut the circle piece out of the top of your pumpkin. You will have made your way to the inside of the pumpkin. There are guts and many pumpkin seeds inside of your Halloween pumpkin. You can roast the pumpkins seeds or throw them away. If you roast them, clean them off and set them to the side to dry off. Do not let your children carve their own Halloween pumpkins.
4. Carve out the eyes, nose and mouth of your Halloween pumpkin. Be careful with the knife. You are not a child, but you can still cut yourself. Your children will want to help you carve the pumpkin. Do not let them handle the sharp knife.
5. Now you are ready for the candle. Take a candle and place it inside of your Halloween pumpkin. Your children can do this step themselves. You will light the candle at night so all your neighbors can see your fantastic pumpkins glowing in the dark. Do let your children light the candle unless they are old enough.
6. Take a look at your Halloween pumpkins. Make sure you tell each of your children how much you like their particular Halloween pumpkin. This is a moment where you can have fun with your children and encourage them at the same time.
7. Put the lid back on your Halloween pumpkins and set them outside your front door. When it is dark outside, light the candles and look at the pumpkins as a family. This is another time when you can have fun and encourage your children. Enjoy every moment of pumpkin carving with your children and make happy memories together.
• Let children design their own Halloween pumpkin
• Make sure the adult carves the pumpkin
• Roast pumpkins seeds for good family fun
• Encourage your children and enjoy this moment with them
• Be patient with your excited children