There are so many people now and days who create and use podcasts. Podcasts can be used to teach a topic, entertain others, or even sell products. You can record yourself talking, upload it, and then allow your subscribers to download and listen to the podcast. Are you looking to create your own podcast? This is actually an easy activity to get involved in. If you have never created one before, then here are the steps on how to create a podcast.
1. Of course you will need to access a web server. This cannot be done from a blogging, journal, or social networking site, as you will be uploading the files to the server itself. It will probably be a good idea to register a domain and find a host for your site. This may cost you a few bucks to do, but there are a few hosts out there with various prices that are affordable.
2. Once you registered a domain, found a host, and set up your site, then you will have to access the host server. You can use a small program entitled dircaster.php. This program is customized for your site and will automatically generate an RSS feed. Your subscribers will be able to download this RSS feed.
3. Your podcasts will be recorded, saved, and uploaded as an MP3 file. These MP3 files should be in the correct directory after you have attached all of the information about the file.
4. Once your MP3 files in the proper directory, the address of the dircaster.php (as long as it is in the same directory as your podcast MP3 files) will create an RSS file. This RSS file will then let your subscribers know where they will be able to download the new podcast.
5. In order to update a new podcast, create and upload the new MP3 file to the same directory your other MP3 podcasts. Once you access the dircaster.php, it will recognize that there is a new file and pass along the information to your subscribers.
There you go, you have just learned how to create a podcast. It may take a little time and work to learn at first, but is easy for just about anyone to create and upload for his or her subscribers. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to create podcast after podcast!