Dreamed about being Annie Oakley since you could mount a horse? Just love the combination of strength and femininity that is found in the American cowgirl? Learn how to decorate a cowgirl themed kitchen to show your love for the gals of the Old West. See the additional reading section at the bottom of the article for fun DIY crafts to complete the room.
1. Paint the room a fiery red, or at least the trim, to match the personality of these gunslinging women. Use accents of the same around the room.
2. Tile the back splash and/or counter tops in plain red or white tile. Add accent tiles featuring the girls, horses or other western symbols.
3. Buy old advertisements or reproductions of prints featuring cowgirl’s cooking outside to keep within the feel of a kitchen space. Frame them and use them as artwork.
4. Throw the same prints on a color copier to cut out and decoupage onto cupboard doors. Create a custom table using the same method.
5. Use fabric depicting the lovely ladies for curtains, chair pads and a tablecloth. Make hand towels to match.
6. Buy a dish set that features a braided trim outside. Place a decorative plates or serving trays next to them for an instant western feel.
7. Make a boot lamp to set on the table or counter. Lighting is just as important when decorating a cowgirl themed kitchen as in the interior design of any room.
8. Use fun hardware, such as horseshoe knobs, on the drawers and cabinets. Simple braided pulls work well too.
9. Make canisters to match the rest of the decor. Embellish plain ones with pictures of the old west or western symbols.
10. Finish decorating your cowgirl themed kitchen with personal touches. Add figurines and other decorations to make the space your own.
Additional Reading to Get you Started:
DIY: Stagecoach Stripe Glass Plates
These glass plates are truly Cowboy Chic! The simple design is perfect for any western themed kitchen, and are very easy to create. Make one for display or gift, or make an entire set for use. After this project is completed, the plates are washable by hand only.
How to Make a Western Cowboy Lamp
This western cowboy boot is the perfect addition to a western themed kitchen, a home office, your family room, or even a little boy’s room. Cowboy boots are the perfect shape to create this home lamp craft project.
Make Your Own Reproduction Retro Kitchen Towels
These DIY retro kitchen towels are the perfect finishing touches your retro kitchen.