Does your team need another way to make some extra cash? Here’s an idea! How about doing a “Bagging Groceries” fundraiser? It’s simple, easy, and could make you a lot of money in 1 day. Here are some steps and tips on how to go about doing one:
1. Contact a local Grocery store in the area to see if they will allow you to bag groceries – Just let them know that you will bag groceries for free and that you are only earning money on donations. Usually they will jump on the idea of free labor, free promotion, and more customers coming into their store to shop.
2. Select a day – Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are best. They have the most people and they are not in much of a rush. Just make sure that there is not much of anything else going on that might make people keep people from doing any shopping that day. Also try to reserve early if it’s a high fundraising spot.
3. Select times for your team to be there – This can be done in shifts if you have more team members than grocery lanes. Just make sure you have enough to fill the lanes and enough to stand by the donation box.
4. Make a donation box -Build a donation box big enough to hold the money donated. You will be surprised how much you might get. Also make sure to put on the box your team name and maybe something about why you are fundraising on the box or table that it’s sitting on.
5. Be there all day – You will actually be amazed with the amount of money you can possibly make. Since you have gone through the trouble of reserving the day, might as well as take advantage and stay as long as you can.
6. Inform the customers -Make sure you inform each customer that you have a donation box. That will make it a bit more likely that they will donate.
7. Let your friends and family know – Send out flyers and/or tell them by word of mouth that you are bagging groceries in order to raise money for your team. They will come and support you, and enjoy having you bag their groceries for them.
8. Reserve often – If you can, try to reserve the day as often as you can to make even more money for your team.