Ever wanted to look like Katy Perry? Most of us don’t have a makeup artist to beautify us, but we can certainly do it ourselves with some great tips! Fortunately for you, those great tips are right here to give you the scoop on how to get Katy Perry’s Funky Glam makeup!
Cute Puppy Dog Eyes: Katy’s eyes are always innocent and minimal. But when you have beautiful eyes like hers, you don’t need much eye makeup!
1. Take a black liquid eyeliner, close your eyes, and pull the outer lid tight to give yourself “cat eyes”. On your lid, draw a medium thick line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Skip putting liner on the bottom lid, but if you must, apply a thin faint line throughout your lash line.
2. Now take a black mascara and brush your top lashes down. Let it dry for 30 seconds, then brush them back up. Coating both sides of the lashes make them appear thicker, longer, and bolder. On the bottom lid, do the same thing.
3. Next, highlight the eye crease (or above the crease all the way up to the brow) with a shimmery flesh toned eye shadow. The shimmer is what highlights. It reflects light and makes your eyes look brighter and more awake.
Tempting Lips: Katy’s lips always look so kissable with hot pink gloss or red lipstick.
1. Take a hot pink or red gloss/lipstick, and spread it all over your lips. Make sure you keep away from the lip line. It can make your lips look like you just got collagen injections! Well, some of you may want that plump lip look, but do it by keeping the shine within the lip line. You can top the colored gloss with a really shiny clear gloss to add dimension. The more gloss, the plumper the lip!
Flawless Foundation: Katy’s skin is always smooth and flawless! I’m sure she also uses great skincare, which is a must, but her foundation is always flawless, too.
1. It’s good to apply foundation on a moisturized face. If you’re not wearing a moisturizer, then apply your foundation with a dollop of moisturizer mixed in it.
2. Put a dot of foundation on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Take your fingers or a damp wedge sponge (made for makeup application) and spread the foundation blending upward and outward. Do this method until the whole face is covered.
3. Take a loose or pressed powder, and dust a light layer of powder over your foundation. Use powder and foundation with buildable coverage to make your skin as flawless as you want. One that says “medium coverage” is the most buildable.
Soft Rosy Cheeks: Katy wears just enough blush to show a sexy flush.
1. Blushes come in so many forms: liquids, gels, powders, creams, and cream to powders. Katy’s blush looks soft, but visible, so I’m guessing she uses creams or cream to powders. Liquids and gels have a more harsh look. They are also harder to blend.
2. Smile big, then apply some color on the apples of your cheeks, and blend outward toward your ears. Don’t go all the way to your ears! Just blend in that direction. If it looks too harsh, you can put a light layer of face powder over it to soften the look.
Beautiful Arches: Katy’s eye brows are always arched beautifully. For full tips on how to arch your brows like a pro, click here: 6 Simple Steps to Perfectly Arched Eyebrows
There you go! Now you look like Katy Perry. This is a great look for a date, the club, or school! Need more tips on fashion and makeup for school? Click here: Back-2-School 2010 Makeup & Fashion! 10 Must Haves & Trends for Teenage Girls
If you would like to receive emails of my future article links, click on my profile, then click “Follow”. Also, follow VanityGoddess on Twitter and MySpace!