Do you have annoying itching and flaking of the scalp? Dandruff can be very annoying and uncomfortable, not to mention unsightly. If you often find white flakes on the collar of your shirt and have annoying itching of your scalp, even if you have tried the most popular dandruff shampoos and they have failed, don’t despair; there is still something you can do to eliminate dandruff.
Before we talk about how to get rid of dandruff, lets get a clear understanding of exactly what it is. Dandruff, also known as Pityriasis capitis is defined by the shedding of old, dead, skin cells that come directly from the scalp. It can be triggered by exposure to extreme temperatures, or sometimes it can be a result of excessive cell production. Regardless of the cause, it can be very annoying and embarrassing.
Try exfoliation of the scalp. Exfoliation means to remove dead skin cells that are old from the skin surface. This helps to revive and maintain the healthy skin below. Most everyone can benefit from a regular weekly exfoliation of the scalp to keep the skin of your head healthy. In addition to removing dead cells of skin, exfoliation also relieves an itchy scalp by removing the dead skin flakes, as well as the build up of hair products.
Things that you will need:
quinoa or alpha hydroxy body wash
Organic hair conditioner
2 large bowls
1. Take 1 tablespoon of quinoa and mix it with 3 tablespoons of organic hair conditioner. Add 1 tablespoon of alpha hydroxy body wash and stir well. This mixture aids in breaking down the bonds between the cells, thus, making it easy for the removal of the dead cells of the scalp.
2. Take the mixture and put it generously on your scalp. Gently massage it into your scalp continuously for about three minutes, making sure to cover your entire scalp in the process.
3. Rinse your hair with luke warm water while massaging your scalp for an additional 10 minutes. Again, be sure to rinse the entire scalp.
4. Take 1 cup of vinegar and mix it with 1 cup of water. Slowly pour this mixture over your scalp while leaning over a large bowl. The bowl is to catch the excess mixture, as you will be re-using the vinegar mixture several times in this process.
5. Take a second large bowl, and pour the residual vinegar from the first bowl over your hair again, this time catching the excess vinegar in the second bowl. Repeat this step 15 times.