When seeking out a haunted house forget about the run down image of a house in ruins that may be what’s on everyone else’s mind. Instead expand your search to all possibilities seeing all houses as leads and their counterparts the false leads.
A house may be haunted if…
1. Kids dare each other to enter the abode.
May be to see if the coast is clear. Better for one to get caught trespassing then for everyone.
2. It’s a rent house that doesn’t stay occupied for long.
The renters leave suddenly or wait till the end of the month. Could be due to high rent.
3. A house for sale that’s taking a long time to go off the market.
Again could be due to a high price.
4. Every time you pass by the house you hear talking and no one is living there.
The owner is living there. Caretakers are checking on the house. Vagrants have found new living headquarters.
5. You pass by the house on one occasion and hear talking.
The owner or a real estate agent is preparing for the sale of the house.
6. You pass by the house and hear movement, knocking, groaning and whining and no one is living there. This has happened on more then one occasion.
It’s a squirrel, rat, cat or dog that has taken up residence in the vacancy of the house.
7. You pass by a vacant house and hear chains.
It’s the wind chimes.
8. A ghostly apparition waves out a window.
The window is open and the curtains are blowing with the wind. It’s a wind blown bed sheet flapping nearby.
9. You are staring back at your self from inside the house.
Your reflection is casting itself from a mirror.
10. There is a bright light beaming through an upstairs and a downstairs window.
A full moon is out and the moonlight is shining through both windows.
11. You see a sequence of headstones in the front yard.
It’s a rock garden.
12. You smell barbecue.
It’s the neighbors cooking next door.
13. You hear rapping, tapping and scratching on windows, doors and walls of the house.
Tree branches are raking against them causing your mind to go deeper into shock since you already heard voices, groaning, whining, movement and knocking from before at this same location or other locations in your search for a haunted house.