Ombre hair is a trendy hair style that fashion followers are mad about. This hair style is reminiscent of a child’s hair that changes color, as she gets older. The ends of the hair are lighter and the roots are darker. Simply put, Ombre hair looks like your roots grew out for about six months. The color transition for the hair should be gradual and with a blend of no more than a three to four shade difference. The ends of the hair is the lightest and the top of the hair the darkest. This look is best on long hair but mid-length hair could pull it off too. Here is how to get an Ombre hair style without visiting the beautician.
Steps to Ombre Hair
Always visit the beautician or hair stylist if you have not previously worked with an at home color before. It is better to be safe than sorry. If you feel confident in your hair coloring abilities, then try these steps to Ombre hair.
• Select two hair colors, one that is three shades lighter than the base of your hair and one that is two shades lighter than that.
• Put the darkest hair color on the mid length section of your hair. This should be about three to four inches down the side of your head all the way to the tips. Let the hair process.
• Rinse the hair according to the directions on the hair color package.
• Allow hair to dry. Mix the second batch of hair color.
• Apply the light hair color to the bottom two inches of your hair. Let it process for 30 minutes.
• Squirt a tablespoon of the light hair color in a plastic bowl. Mix in a few drops of water to dilute the color. With your gloved finger, rub the diluted solution along a few of the hair shafts in the mid-length section. Leave this color on for five minutes, then rinse.
• Rinse all the hair color from your hair.
If you like bucking the trend but still want Ombre hair, then get professional dye jobs using purple or pink hair color. This fun hair style will last a long time and requires less maintenance than your standard highlight or lowlights. Just in case your stylist is not as hip as you are, bring a photo of Ombre hair with you on your appointment. It may be a good idea to give her a peek before you show up, just so your stylist will have time to study the new trend.