In Manhattan there are numerous television talk shows that need live audience members and if you’re visiting this is a fun thing to do. The tickets are free but require you to either get up early and wait in a line or else send an email and both require a lot of patience.
Saturday Night Live: airs live 11:30 pm Saturdays
– Ticket lottery: send an email with all your contact info (name, address, phone) but you can’t request a specific date. If you are selected you’ll receive 2 tickets for a random date. You can enter the ticket lottery only in the month of August for the upcoming season.
– Stand-by tickets: On the day of taping (Saturday) stand-by tickets are distributed starting at 7 am on the 49th st. side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. You can choose tickets for the 8 pm dress rehearsal or the 11:30 pm live taping.
You must be 16 or over to attend
The View: airs live Monday – Thursday 11 am – 12 noon.
– Mailed tickets:Click here to register on the site and request tickets. There is an approximately 12-24 month wait for tickets.
– Stand-by tickets: For day of air “you must pick up a number from a View Audience Associate between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM at our audience entrance, located at 320 W. 66th Street.”
The Late Show with David Letterman: taped Monday – Thursday
– Online tickets: submit your request with the online ticket form.
– In Person ticket request: Submit your request at: 1697 Broadway Between West 53rd and West 54th Streets Monday – Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
– Stand-by phone line: call (212) 247-6497 at 11:00 a.m. the day of the taping you wish to attend.
You must be 18 or over to attend
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and/or The Colbert Report
Currently tickets are unavailable but you can sign up for email availability updates for TDS here or for TCR here.
The Martha Stewart Show:
Sign up online to request up to 4 tickets
Tyra Banks Show:
Also sign up online
More NYC info:
For how to get to and from the airports JFK, Newark or LaGuardia click here
For how to choose the best MetroCard for the subway or bus click here