At lunch time and snack time, one-minute microwave dip is an all-around favorite in my house. This tasty sauce is delicious on crackers, chips, tortillas, bread and almost anything else that I might happen to have lying around the house.
Best of all, one-minute microwave dip can be made quickly from inexpensive ingredients that I already have– and I don’t need a blender or food processor to make it. Simple dips are as convenient as convenient gets, but you wouldn’t know it from the taste of the end product.
There is no single recipe for one-minute microwave dip. In fact, the possibilities are nearly limitless. Depending on what you happen to have in your house, use these simple instructions to make one-minute microwave dip.
1. Choose one or more of the following base ingredients: sour cream, cream cheese, neufchatel cheese and unsweetened plain yogurt. These will form the soft or liquid base for your dip.
2. If you are using more than one base ingredient, blend them together in a microwave-safe bowl in roughly equal amounts. Don’t worry about measuring; they don’t have the be the exact same amount.
3. Select one or more of the following shredded cheeses: Provelone, mozzarella, romano, parmesan, cheddar, Swiss, Jarlsburg, pepper jack, colby, Monterey jack or quesadila.
4. Estimate an amount of shredded cheese that has roughly the same volume as the amount of base ingredient you are using. If you are using two cheeses, use half the amount of each.
5. Stir the shredded cheese into your base ingredient using a spoon or a fork.
6. Choose one or more of the following spice mixes: Italian spices+salt, garlic salt, Creole seasoning or Jamaican spice blend. Sprinkle these modestly into your one-minute microwave dip.
7. Stir all ingredients together and microwave on the highest setting for 60 seconds.
8. Serve with potato chips, bread, pretzels, crackers, tortilla chips, croutons or other grains. This can also be a good sandwich spread or casserole ingredient.