These beautiful wall baskets are decorated with hand-painted blueberries that are scented with a blueberry oil, and decorated with faux silk green leaves and dried florals. The aroma from this faux blueberry basket makes any room smell heavenly. The scent can be adjusted by the amount of blueberry oil that is placed on the faux blueberries and ribbon.
Blueberry Scented Floral Wall Basket
Small round wooden beads
Medium blue acrylic paint
Bush of silk green leaves
Blue checked bow
White and blue filler flowers
Medium wall basket
Glue gun and glue sticks
Small paint brush
1. Cover work area with a large plastic bag. Pour some blue paint in a small bowl. Pick up the first wooden ball with tweezers, then dip it into the blue paint. Gently tap the ball on the top of the bowl to remove excess paint. Place the wooded ball on the plastic to dry. You can also hand paint the balls with a small paint brush. I find dipping the balls is easier and quicker. Once the balls are dry, touch up any areas that need paint with a small paint brush.
2. Cut the silk leaves off the bush with the scissors.
3. Cut a piece of floral foam that will fit snugly inside the wall basket. Glue this piece of foam to the inside of the wall basket.
4. Start making the eucalyptus wall basket by placing the largest piece at the middle of the wall basket. Start working downwards with the eucalyptus so that it shapes the form of a half circle. Fill in the eucalyptus so that it forms a full, nicely-shaped arrangement. Glue the bow to the center, bottom of the wall basket. Evenly add the blue and white dried florals throughout the arrangement.
5. Glue groups of three blueberries throughout the floral arrangement. I try to glue the blueberry bunches on or near the white dried florals which will make the bunches standout. Once the blueberry bunches are glued throughout the florals, glue a green leaf to each side of every blueberry bunch. This detail gives the blueberries a realistic look.
6. When scenting the blueberry basket, I use my fingers to place the scent on the blueberries. I pour a little blueberry scent on the tips of my fingers, then gently rub the scent on the blueberries and green leaves. If you want a heavier scented basket, gently rub the bow with blueberry scent.
Small wooden balls needed to make the blueberries for this craft project can be found at www.craftparts.com.