2 unbaked pie shells
3/4 cup white sugar
3 Tb cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
5 cups of sliced apples
1/2 cup caramel melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
whipped topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Start with your first pie shell by placing it in a pie dish. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust. Place aside.
2. Slice apples in a large bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
3. Toss the sugar mixture mixture in with the apples until they are coated thoroughly. Pour apples into uncooked pie crust.
4. Drizzle melted caramel over the top of apples and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
5. Place 2nd pie shell over the top and flute the edges. Finish by cutting slits in the top of the crust in order to allow steam to escape during baking.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is a light golden brown. Cool 1 hour before serving. Serve w/ whipped topping.