Halloween crafts can be done at home, Halloween parties and festivals, schools, and daycare centers. There are many Halloween crafts that are easy for both children and adults to do. For example, everyone can make a Halloween mask out of paper plates. Children will love creating their own Halloween masks. Their parents and teachers can help them and even create their own masks as well.
If you would like to try this craft on your own or with children, then here are the materials and directions on how to make a Halloween mask with crafts.
Note: If young children are working on this Halloween craft, then they will need the assistance and supervision of an adult, as it will involve the use of scissors and a hole puncher.
Crayons or colored pencils.
1. To find the eye holes in the mask, hold the paper plate up to your face (or the child’s face). You should never, under any circumstances, put the scissors near your face or another person’s face. If you want to hold the place of the eye holes, simply place a sticker on that area of the paper plate to mark it. You can mark off the holes for the nose and mouth the same way.
2. Carefully cut out the holes for your eyes, nose, and mouth as big as you will need them. You can start with a smaller hole and cut more if need be. Be sure the holes are big enough to see and breathe out of.
3. Use the crayons and colored pencils to decorate the mask as you would like. You can decorate it as a monster, alien, pumpkin, or something to match your actual Halloween costume.
4. Use the hole puncher to carefully punch one hole on each side of the mask. There must be one hole on each side. You will be tying the string through the holes so you can wear the mask. You want the holes near the edge of the plate, but not close enough to the edge for the hole to rip.
5. Measure the elastic string to a size that will allow you (or the child you are assisting) to wear the mask comfortably. Remember to allow a little room for tying the string through the holes. Once you have the string measured to the size you want, carefully cut it.
6. Carefully tie each end of the elastic string through the holes you punched out on the sides, with the string going across the back of the mask. You can double or triple the knot if needed, but be sure not to tear the holes.
You have just learned how to make a Halloween mask with crafts. This craft is easy and will not take too much to do. Great for classroom Halloween parties or passing the time at home! When you make your Halloween mask out of paper plates, be creative and have fun! Happy Halloween!