1) The very first step in creating your own emergency kit is to ensure that you have food and water contained in it. A situation may occur in which you have limited access to food and water products, or one in which you are unable to properly prepare these types of products for survival. You should include foods that are appropriate to sustain life. There are many different types of freeze dried foods, and even calorie bars that are considered to be ideal. You should also be certain to include a water supply that contains a high amount of vitamins and minerals. In addition to this, it is considered to be ideal to include purification tablets for the water that you will include.
2) The next step is to ensure that you have items that will provide you with an adequate amount of shelter. This may include items to construct a standing shelter with a roof, a tent, or similar products. Your warmth is also essential, so including products like blankets, jackets, sleeping bags, and even ponchos to create a moisture barrier against the body are all considered to be proper items to be placed in an emergency kit.
3) The ability to see in the darkness and the ability to communicate are also considered to be of high priority during emergency situations. When creating your emergency kit, please be certain to include items that will allow you to be successful with these tasks. Having a battery operated radio is important for hearing emergency broadcasts. The following indicates some essentials when it comes to powering up a light source in darkness:
• Waterproof Matches
• Emergency Candles
• LED Flashlights
• Glow Sticks
• Multiple Lighters
In addition to the above, having a way to alert others in a time of crisis is important. You may want to include a cell phone designed to keep in the kit, a whistle, and even emergency flares.
4) When creating an emergency kit, it is vital to include items that are geared towards sanitation and even personal hygiene. You may want to include items like various types of soaps, items that are central to tooth care, toilet paper and tissue, and possibly even wipes. Alcohol based cleaners and other items are also a good match for emergency kits.
5) First aid supplies are extremely vital when it comes to the emergency kit. Many different items should be included:
• Alcohol Pads
• Burn Relief Items
• First Aid Guides
• And, more!
6) It is easy to learn how to make an emergency kit. However, if you are uncomfortable in any way when it comes to creating these items, there are many kits that can be purchased online. These premade kits come with everything mentioned here and more.