You want to open a PayPal account online. You want to be able to securely buy stuff online and on EBay and you know PayPal is the place to go. Signing up for a PayPal account is an easy thing to do. After a few simple sign up steps, you will be signed up for PayPal and ready to buy things oline securely
Things You Will Need
• Credit card
• Bank account
• Internet access
1. Go to the PayPal website and look at the front page of the site. Click on the button that says sign up. You will be brought to another page on the PayPal site.
2. You will have three choices when it comes to signing up for a PayPal account. The choices are personal, premier or business. There is also a student sign up for PayPal, but we will not deal with this today.
3. A personal PayPal account is for people who shop online. A premier PayPal account is for people who buy and sell online at auctions like EBay. A business PayPal account is designed for merchants who use a company or group name. Decide which type of PayPal account you want to sign up for.
4. Click on the PayPal account you prefer and the site will send you to the sign up page. Fill out your information on the next page. Fill out the information. Make sure you write you email address and password down on a piece of paper.
5. Decide whether you want to pay for your purchases out of your credit card or bank account. I would recommend your credit card. You don’t want another company to have access to your bank account. If they have access to your credit card you can refuse any unwarranted charges.
6. Click on the button that says add your credit card to your PayPal account. Put your credit card information into the account and click. You have added your credit card to your PayPal account.
7. Now you can use your PayPal account for online use. You can use PayPal at EBay and other online merchants that accept PayPal payment. If you have an EBay account, you can actually connect your PayPal account to your EBay account.
8. After thirty days on PayPal you can apply for a debit card and use your PayPal account just like a bank account.
Tips and warnings
• Some people have had trouble with PayPal in the past. Rest assured, they are a very secure site. It is safe to use PayPal for online payments. I have used PayPal exclusively for my EBay account for years and I have had no troubles.
• If you receive emails from PayPal, do not answer them. There are people in cyberspace who try to get your PayPal information this way so they can access your account. Do all your work and dealings directly from the PayPal site. The site is secure.
• Most EBay merchants deal with PayPal and it makes it easier to buy and sell items on EBay if you have a PayPal account.
• You can always keep track of your purchases in your PayPal account. Every transaction is listed for your convenience.
• PayPal is real money so treat it like real money