Even with regular brushing and flossing, even with mints, mouth washes and other breath fresheners bad breath can linger on. There are many causes of bad breath. Some causes maybe dental problems, sinusitis, hormones, smelly foods, respiratory infections and taking certain drugs. Here are some of the steps of erasing bad breath completely from your life
1.Try using baking soda solution. Add baking soda to warm water and put it in your water pik and use it to irrigate your teeth. You can brush on baking soda with a toothbrush and then rinse with water or use your waterpik. Baking soda is a great remedy for bad breath because it changes the pH in your mouth and makes it a less friendly environment for many bacteria.
2.Brush your tongue when you brush your teeth. Usually, bad breath odor arises from the surface of the tongue. That’s because the tongue is covered with microscopic hair like projections that trap and harbor plaque and food. Clean your sinuses since bad breath can be caused by a number of sinus problems. Spray a saline solution (sold in most pharmacies) up in each nostril, letting the solution drain out the other nostril and your mouth.
3. Use the right mouth wash. There are so many different brands of mouth wash. In order to eliminate the foul odor, choose a mouth wash that contains zinc. Zinc has a tendency to do alot of things to inhibit the production of sulfur compounds that cause bad breath.
Tips & Warnings
- Eat breakfast. Missing breakfast causes bad breath until food is eaten
- Swish a mouthful of water after eating or drinking in order to remove food particles
- Settle your stomach by taking antacid as indigestion can cause you to burp, expelling foul gaseous odors
- Eating garlic causes bad breath. Chew instant breath fresheners such as parsley and wintergreen
- Many prescription medication contribute to bad breath by having a drying effect on the mouth. Antihistamine, decongestants, anti anxiety drugs, diuretics and certain heart medications have a drying effect on the heart.. If your taking these drugs, increase your water intake too.