Imagine a world with no electric curling iron or hot rollers. Obviously, in a curl free world like that getting fast curls would be impossible. However, if you have a little time and like a curly look you can use sponge rollers to get a romantic wavy look. Sponge rollers are safe for your hair and are perfect for using to wear a vintage curly hair look. Review this easy to use tutorial on how to sponge roll your hair.
You will need a towel, sponge rollers, a comb, hairspray and styling gel for this task.
• Wash your hair as you normally do. Use conditioner too if your hair is dry or frizzy. Rinse out conditioner and step out of the shower.
• Towel dry your hair gently. Remove as much water as possible if you leave excess water in your hair, the hair will smell sour later.
• Rub a dime sized amount of styling gel into your hair if your hair tends to frizz.
• Comb out tangles and snarls in your hair.
• Divide the hair and clip it up in sections. Place one clip on top of the head, two on each side and one at the back.
• Remove a one-inch wide section of hair from the clip. The length should match your roller length.
• Comb your hair and place the ends of the hair over the sponge roller.
• Roll the hair under by rolling the sponge curler up the hair.
• Stop one or two inches from the scalp and snap the roller in place.
• Continue working with the section until it is completely rolled.
• Use a spray bottle to wet hair if it dries out too much.
• Spray the entire head of hair with hairspray.
Sleep on your hair or wait for ten hours before removing the rollers. Arrange the rollers with your fingers and add one last layer of hairspray for some extra staying power.