Go to the Greyhound Bus website at http://www.greyhound.com, then type in your departure and arrival day and city. Also if you prefer AM or PM service. Enter how many are traveling, and if this is one way or round trip travel. Continue to the Greyhound Bus Discounts display. Online fares are lower than their walk-up fares, especially if made 7 to 21 days in advance. Online discounts on Greyhound are also available for senior citizens, children, students, and military personnel.
Next check Greyhound Bus schedules, it will show a detailed display of available service. Each bus trip has a number, clicking on it will show all scheduled stops at what time of day. Also shown is the bus travel lunch or dinner stop time and location, make a note of that and plan to bring some food and water aboard.
Next go to Greyhound bus fares. It will show your exact amount to be paid by credit card. If you are traveling early in the morning when the bus station opens, better to pick up your ticket a day ahead.
- Relax, enjoy the scenery, and leave the driving to them.
- Any noise is frowned on, so keep your cell phone chatting to the bus stops.
- If the seat next to you is vacant, stretch and take a relaxing nap.
- Heed the instructions given by your driver, if they announce that this is a five minute stop so please stay in your seat, do so or you may be left behind.
- When arriving at your meal stop, the driver will announce the amount of time allowed. Be back on the bus before that departure time, as they run a tight schedule
- No smoking allowed, it will get you kicked out.
- Bring something to read or do some writing, the time will fly amazingly fast when you are lost among the pages of a book.